6 Easy Ways to De-Stress Oneself
1. Buy some scented candles and soothing bath salts from Bath and Body Works. You know that store you were obsessed with when you were little is STILL AWESOME! They have stuff for the all around perfect makeover, and you are missing it! So take a soothing shower or (depending on how clean your bathroom is) take a soothing bath. Light some candles and throw on a face mask. You will wake up feeling clean, soft, and your skin will look great. Not to mention the fact that you will feel relaxed and ready to tackle the day ahead of you!
2. If you have alot on your plate, and not alot in you stomach. Take a break from the mess that has become your life, and go and get something healthy and filling to eat. You will feel refreshed and good about yourself because you didn't binge on doritos and pizza all night long while avoiding you work load.
3. If you are still having a bad and very stressful day and nothing in helping, not even MTV or Sex in the City, go for a long walk, run or get to the gym. Egging out isn't always the way to feel better. In many ways its the way to feel worse. So get off your booty and shake that thang up and down your campus. You will go back to your room and life feeling happier and your tasks at hand won't seem to big for you anymore.
4. Sometimes it helps to have some you time. While this may sound cheesy and lonely, doing some things by yourself could really help clear your mind and settle your spirit. So go to town and go shopping, get a manicure and pedicure and the cheap place across the street, go see a movie that you really wanted to see. Remember, you always need to save a little time for you, just so you don't forget who you are.
5. Call your mom, dad, sister, brother, or best friend from home and complain about your life until you are sick of hearing yourself. I am telling you there is no better way to get over things than to get somebodies perspectives who does NOT go to school with you. These people also love you and because they do, they have to listen to you. So don't feel bad, just the thought that you called them first with your problems will make them happy, and even happier to help.
6. Sleep it off. Sometimes there isn't much energy left to survive the night. This isn't helping you and it will only make your problems worse because your brain is clouded, your eyes keep drooping and you can't understand why you have read the same line like 50 times in the past half-hour and it still doesn't make sense. So throw away that coffee, and crawl into bed. Your will wake feeling refreshed and be able to do some real hard work. It will also make you realize you may want to start your work earlier next time.